COVID-19 November Restrictions
Posted on Thursday November 12, 2020 at 10:50PM
Effective November 13th, 2020 there are new restrictions for Pigeon Lake due to COVID-19.
Targeted health measures will take effect on Friday Nov. 13 to curb the rapid growth of COVID-19 in Alberta and protect the health system. Alberta’s government is implementing additional health measures to help protect hospitals, keep schools and businesses open, and protect vulnerable Albertans, see the public news announcement https://www.alberta.ca/release.cfm?xID=7568972979AB6-C710-8665-95A628DF4EBB5F51
As per https://www.alberta.ca/enhanced-public-health-measures.aspx these are the changes:
Pigeon Lake MANDATORY Health Measures as ordered by Alberta Health Services (AHS):
- Restaurants, bars, lounges and pubs must stop liquor sales by 10pm and close by 11pm - applies to Class A, B, or C licenses (between Nov 13-27th)
- 15-person limit on social and family gatherings - indoors or outdoors - where people are mixing and mingling.
- This includes:
- banquets and award ceremonies;
- wedding or funeral receptions;
- luncheons or potlucks;
- parties: birthday, baby showers, retirement, dinners, backyard BBQs;
- other private social gatherings and functions.
- 50-person limit on indoor and outdoor wedding ceremonies and funeral services
- No social gatherings inside your home or outside of your community. Instead socialize outdoors or in structured settings, like restaurants or other business that are subject to legal limits and take steps to prevent transmission.
- Limit of 3 cohorts: your core household, your school, and one other sport/social cohort. Young children who attend child care can be part of 4 cohorts.
- Wear a mask in all indoor work settings, except when alone in a workplace or an appropriate barrier is in place.
- Employers in office settings should implement measures to reduce the number of employees in the workplace at one time.
- Faith-based gatherings limited to 1/3 capacity at one time.
- BAN on indoor group fitness classes and team sport activities (Nov 13-27).
- BAN on group performance activities: singing, dancing and theatre (Nov 13-27).
Author: Summer Villages of Pigeon Lake Regional Emergency Management Agency (REMA)
Please note additional restrictions have been added, please visit https://www.alberta.ca/enhanced-public-health-measures.aspx to see the changes effective November 24, 2020.
Posted on Friday November 27, 2020 at 11:38AM by